After a delay caused by Hurricane Irma, the Florida Chamber Music Project will open its fifth season on Sunday, Oct. 22 with a stretch of seven performances moving into mid-2018.
The opening show Oct. 22 will feature the Clarinet Quintets of Weber and Brahms. Clarinetist Peter Wright will join the ensemble sponsored by Buffet Crampon, the French clarinet and woodwinds musical instruments manufacturer whose United States headquarters are located on Salisbury Road in Jacksonville.
Tickets to the Death and the Maiden concert, originally scheduled for Sept. 10, can be refunded or held for the rescheduled concert on March 4.
The Florida Chamber Music Project shows begin at 3 p.m. at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall on Sundays and last just over an hour. The June 9 gala will include Susan Pardue (Violist and Artistic Director), Laurie Casseday (Cellist), Annie Hertler (Violinist), Anna Genest (Violinist) and Patrice Evans (Violinist and Director of Music Education).
Performances will include:
• January 7, 2018: Italian Music for String Quartet, by Nino Rota, Puccini, Wolf and Boccherini.
• March 4, 2018: Death and the Maiden, Schubert; and Webern’s Langsamer Satz for String Quartet. Postponed from Sept. 10 because of Hurricane Irma.
• March 25, 2018: Friday Musicale Concert, downtown Jacksonville, Friday Musicale site, 3 p.m.
• April 8, 2018: Trout Quintet and String Trio by Schubert, with guest artists Hyunsoon Whang, piano and Jason Lindsay, double bass.
• May 6, 2018: Mozart and Smetana, String Quartets K. 464 and From My Life.
• June 9, 2018 (Saturday): Gala.
The ensemble concluded its 2016-17 season in June with a performance prior to a St. Johns County Commission meeting. St. Johns County has been a benefactor and supporter of the Florida Chamber Music Project since its inception in 2013 with performances at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall. St. Johns County Director of Cultural Events Ryan Murphy has also been an instrumental contributor to the Florida Chamber Music Project’s ongoing scheduling at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased by calling the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall box office at (904) 209-0399 or by visiting www.pvconcerthall.com.